I spent some time deciding what my blog will be like today. I see it as having 3 purposes:
1. To keep me accountable. If I’m writing what I’m doing on a daily basis, there is added incentive to stay on track.
2. To inspire others. I hope that my journey can help others along on theirs.
3. To get inspiration. I want to hear encouragement and ideas from other people.
So each day, I’ll post:
1. How I did that day.
2. Something that has been helpful to me in making lifestyle changes.
3. Something I’m still finding challenging.
Today went ok. I stuck to my eating plan, and I got in a yoga pilates workout to a DVD and 1/2 an hour on the treadmill. I was especially pleased with my treadmill performance as I spent 15 minutes of it joggging – first for 10 minutes, then for 5. In terms of eating, I decided against some of the unhealthier options my family was going for and just went my own way.
Today’s helpful tool is SOUP! Soup is a great food when trying to lose weight, especially broth based soups. This article tells a little bit about why it’s a good tool – basically it tends to be a low-calorie filler which helps you to eat less of higher calorie foods. Quick minestrone is one of my favourite recipes. I do it up in big batches and freeze it in individual sized containers for quick lunches. To prevent the pasta from getting too soft and yucky I cook it separately and just add it before serving.
I still find it hard not to soothe myself with food when I’m feeling upset or stressed. Sometimes I am able to think myself out of it – and sometimes I forget my skills and just zone in on the nearest chocolate.
Love to hear how you handle your emotions and food.